Calculates and displays the framerate of a game.
To see how fast your game can actually go, follow these steps (from http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnhar/archive/2007/11/23/game-timing-in-xna-game-studio-2-0.aspx
- Pull down the project configuration combo from the toolbar (the one where you select Debug or Release), and click "Configuration Manager"
- In the project list, click the Configuration column and choose "<New...>"
- Name the configuration "Profile", and copy settings from the existing Release configuration
- Close the Configuration Manager
- Right-click your project in the Solution Explorer, and open Properties
- Select the Build tab, make sure the new Profile configuration is active, and enter "PROFILE" in the "Conditional compilation symbols" box
- In your game constructor, add this code:
this.IsFixedTimeStep = false;
graphics.SynchronizeWithVerticalRetrace = false;
Currently only for Windows, as I don't have an XBOX 360 to test on.